photo home.jpg  photo about.jpg  photo adventures.jpg  photo eat.jpg

Saturday, August 31, 2013

What's on the Menu & Spring Love

It's almost Spring, and I am so excited! I can't believe how amazing the weather has been this past week in Melbourne. I spent the whole day at uni on Thursday in a t-shirt, and today I even decided to bare my white legs!


Warm weather has got me looking forward for the months ahead. Picnics, evening walks, salads, and cold beers in the sunshine. Bliss!

Here's what we are cooking up this week:
1) Chermoula fish with Quinoa Pilaf and Tahini and Yoghurt Sauce, from our old favourite.
2) We'll whip up these Pumpkin and Chickpea Burgers, and put them in some fresh rolls from my work (benefits of working at a bakery, I can't remember the last time we bought bread!) with a Pumpkin and Miso Sauce from one of Janella's cookbooks and salad.
3) Vegetarian Frittata, maybe with a bit of feta thrown in and a salad on the side.
4) Chris wants to try cook a roast. We've tried a few times since we've moved out of home, but we always seem to stuff up something! Though we had no luck finding a decent piece of meat today. It's hard to get a small roast for two people.
5) Minestrone with Mixed Grains (from Janella, yet again!). We might add some chicken to this for a hearty soup.
6) There are still some dumpling wrappers in the freezer, so I might try make some tomorrow, and have some steamed Asian greens on the side. There's just something so fun about making and eating dumplings! Maybe it's just watching me fail at using chopsticks...
7) Satay stirfry with lamb and soba noodles, something simple.

And there we have it! I better buckle down and do some study, so I can enjoy the last few hours of sunshine later this afternoon!
Are you as excited as I am about this change in weather? What have you got planned this week in your kitchen?
Reanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment