Time seems to be flying by at the moment, I can't believe I've been back at uni for three weeks already! It's been a relatively busy week, with work, study, my first assignment for the semester, and work meetings that no one told me about until that morning (but my boss made heaps of delicious gourmet pizza, putting the bakery ovens to good use!).
Chris was inundated with homework this morning, so I went off to the market by myself. This was the first time I'd been game enough to attempt shopping at the market by myself (that place can be pretty overwhelming), but thanks to our new purchase of this trolley, I managed.
Very fashionable thing it is.
It comes in handy though!
I put together a quick lunch of pasta today, using up some homemade spinach and wholemeal pasta from the freezer, leftover vegetables, and a bit of smoked tofu we had in the fridge. And it turned out pretty good! We purchased smoked tofu earlier in the week for the first time ever, and it's not bad! It has a great, smokey flavour, so we used it as a substitute for chorizo in a spanish paella. Delicious! Have you ever cooked with it before?
But yes! Here is what's on the menu for the upcoming week:
1) Honey-miso chicken. Miso is actually delicious in more than just soup!
2) Pork curry, with brown rice and wholemeal flat breads. Curry is the bomb.
3) We're going to try our hand at making prawn laksa, should be good!
4) It's time to get the slowcooker out again, this time for beef stroganoff. Which I have never actually had...
5) Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas. I am cooking up the sauce for this as we speak! (or type?)
6) Vegetarian Lentil, Carrot and Cumin Loaf.
7) My Dad is coming down to the city for a couple of days, so he is taking us out for pizza on Lygon Street. Yum!
What have you got planned for the week ahead in your kitchen? Trying your hand at something new?