I had all intentions of posting this yesterday, but it didn't matter all too much anyway, as we weren't even home last night! We are down in the country visiting family again this weekend, for my little half-brother's second birthday. The plan is for a barbecue in the park today, but I'm sceptical as to how successful this will be - the weather doesn't look very hopeful. Either way, delicious homemade food and family will still make for a wonderful day!
Here's something I have been a bit excited about home - FINALLY putting pictures up on the wall of our apartment! We have only been living there nearly a whole year, so it was about time we got around to it. We live in a rental, so we had to go through the process of getting permission from our landlord, but they were more than happy to let us decorate. As you can see, we have a bit of a red theme going on in our living area (this is only a small part of it). I love our old red chairs, we inherited them off my mum, and she got them second hand. So I have no idea how old they are!
But getting on track, here is our meal plan for the week ahead:
1) The book shop at our uni had a $2 book sale this last week, so Chris managed to score us several new cook books! One of them was an Indian one, so we are trying out Spicy Grilled Fish Fillets.
2) Stuffed Eggplants with Lamb - more stuffed eggplants! But they are Indian style this week haha.
3) Slow Beef "Melt", which is essentially a roast in the slowcooker. Hopefully this works, I've never done a roast in the slowcooker before!
4) Blackbean Fejoada over Spicy Rice. No idea what a fejoada is, I think it's some kind of curry.
4) Stir-fried kimchi and pork.
6) Lentil, Sesame and Sunflower Burgers, with some salad and fresh rolls. Perfect for this warmer weather!
What about you, have you been decorating around home lately? What are you cooking up anything new this week?