Oh my god, I can't believe it's the weekend again already. This week has gone by insanely quick. In between being inundated with uni classes, work, and general study, I've managed to squeeze a few other things into my schedule. Some highlights including volunteering at my uni's open day on Sunday (in the most freezing wind ever, but hey, I scored a $50 voucher!), indulging in some delicious Vietnamese food with my Dad when he was in town, and joining the gym yesterday! I haven't been for well over six months, so I'm feeling some pain after my first session this morning. But no pain, no gain, right?
I also made an amaaaazzzing dessert the other night, but unfortunately I pretty much just formulated it on the spot without much of a recipe haha. It was a chocolate-moussey-cheesecake-tropical-thing. The mousse was made with avocado, raw cacao powder, dates and agave nectar. And it is the best thing ever.
But to the meal plan! We have a few things on again this week, so it's a bit all over the place!
1) We are heading back to see family for a couple of days, so we'll be scoring a meal with them.
2) Sabudana Khichdi. Potentially... Indian? After buying tapioca for a special dessert the other week, I've been wondering what else I could make with it. Turns out it makes a savoury pilaff style dish too! We'll serve this up with steak.
3) Sexy Calamari and salad. Yes. That is a legitimate recipe name.
4) Moroccan Slowcooker Stew. The old slowcooker is getting a fair bit of action in the kitchen lately!
5) Beef bourguignon. What a name to spell! I couldn't spell it for the life of me when Chris suggested it haha.
6) Veggie Chilli and crunchy tortilla salad, from Jamie Oliver.
7) Next Wednesday Chris and I will be celebrating two and a half years together. I know, not much of an anniversary, but we just wanted an excuse to go out for a nice night! Chris has booked us a table at a "Wine Appreciation Night" at a local bar the following night. Four wines matched with four tapas, sounds fabulous! Chris intended it be a surprise, but I saw the ad on facebook and was raving about how good it sounded, so he admitted he had already booked it. It was still sweet though :)
I have a feeling this week is probably going to fly away from me as well!
What have you got planned for the week ahead? Anything delicious, new?