photo home.jpg  photo about.jpg  photo adventures.jpg  photo eat.jpg

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

That Time I Ran and Didn't Give Up

I finally did it!
I ran five god-damn kilometres!
I know it's no great feat by any means, but for me - who could hardly run a kilometre at the start of the year - it felt like such an achievement. It has been something I have wanted to do for so long, but I never thought I could. I guess it was that whole "mind over matter" deal, and I feel fantastic for finally having conquered that.


Now the only way is up! I have plans to attempt an 8km fun run in January back down in Gippsland with my dad, so that will be my next milestone.

Achieved any goals lately? It's such a fantastic feeling. I used to think goal setting was a bit lame, as a lot of that positive-psychology can be. However, that little feeling of success you get every time you tick an item off a list, reward yourself with that glass of bubbles, or see that little counter tick to 5km (even if you feel like you are half way into cardiac arrest) is totally worth it.
Reanna.


No comments:

Post a Comment