photo home.jpg  photo about.jpg  photo adventures.jpg  photo eat.jpg

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Visiting Nature

Sometimes we just need to take a step back from everything. Life can be pretty full on sometimes, and we can lose sense of where we are. 
Being in the grip of countless hours of study and looming deadlines the last few weeks began to take its toll on me. I was in desperate need of escape. A quick trip out to the countryside was the perfect answer.
As much as a I love living in Melbourne, the one thing I really miss about the countryside is the quietness. You never really notice it when you have been in the city for weeks on end, but as soon as I stepped out of the car at Long Forest nature reserve last week, I noticed it.


It was beautifully quiet. Can silence be beautiful? Well, it certainly felt like it for me in that moment. I could actually hear myself think, feel myself breathe, and really look at everything around me and not feel overwhelmed.
It's crazy to think that everywhere used to be like this. Even built up Melbourne was once a sprawling forest.


It was a lovely little park - once we found it due to lack of signs - about 50 or so minutes from the inner north suburbs of Melbourne. There were a few short walks (again lacking signs) but we managed to avoid getting lost. There wasn't much to see other than the natural forest, but that didn't matter to me. i was happy just to soak up the sunshine and serenity of it all.
And no, Chris is not patting a rock! We were talking about they looked, or something geologically inspired.


To top off my little mood-lifting trip from the city, I spied a little lizard at the carpark. And he even posed for a photo.

Do you enjoy silence? Or do you have another way you try to escape and think about things?
Reanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment