photo home.jpg  photo about.jpg  photo adventures.jpg  photo eat.jpg

Friday, December 13, 2013

Thrift Love: Our Study Nook

My love for second-hand goodness spreads beyond clothes. Many thrifted knick knacks decorate our little apartment, and we even have various pieces of furniture scored at bargain prices too!


When Chris and I moved to Melbourne the one piece of furniture that we were lacking was a desk. Which was a bit of an issue, considering we were both about to start university and our dining table is not exactly the biggest thing in the world. We scoured op-shops for a couple of weeks, until Chris stumbled across this beauty at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Moonee Ponds. For a mere $20 it was perfect, and it is in great condition. Somehow, we managed to shove it into my tiny car (despite doubtful comments from the op-shop cashier) and carry it up a flight of stairs into our apartment.


Everything else you see in the corner is also thrifted, except the corkboard. We have four of these amazing red chairs in our apartment. I was gifted them from my mum, who in turn had had them given second hand to her! Our stationary is stored in a vintage money box, and the Dracula (or a romantic version of Dracula, I have no idea haha) is from the Chapel Street Bazar. The gum ball machine is probably my favourite purchase ever, from the Kongwak market down in Gippsland.

Thanks for letting me share this little corner of our home! 
Do you love thrifting decorations and furniture for your house?
Reanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment