photo home.jpg  photo about.jpg  photo adventures.jpg  photo eat.jpg

Monday, October 28, 2013

Semester Goals Progress

With my second semester at uni drawing to a close, I thought it might be a good time to reflect on these goals I set for myself at the beginning of the semester. I initially planned for these goals to end at the end of the semester, but I think I'm going to have to push them until the end of the year! Turns out I didn't consider the fact that I won't receive my university results until mid December. 


1) Get involved in an extracurricular activity at uni or elsewhere.
I almost got involved in the committee of a club at university earlier in the semester, however the club ended up disbanding due to the previous committee being useless. I volunteered at my uni's open day in August, but apart from that I've made minimal progress on the university front. However, I am starting to volunteer at St Vinnies again! I work in an op shop in my hometown during my gap year, and I don't know why it has taken me so long to get involved with them again up in Melbourne! Last weekend I attended a training session to help out for a few hours on the weekend and the Metropolitan Remand Centre. I'll be offering information to visiting family members. This should be a challenging - but rewarding - experience. I can't wait to start!

2) Establish a more consistent exercise regime - run and do weights at least three times a week.
Tick! I've joined the gym and am loving it!

3) Increase my grade score average.
I'm not going to know the result of this one til December, when results get released. I'm not feeling overly confident about this one.

4) Make friends within the blogging community.
I'm still an amateur in this here blogging world, but I am trying to get the hang of it all! I'm doing Pip's blogging course in November (oh, that starts next week actually!) and I am wayyyy too excited.

5) Find a project for the summer holidays.
I've got this blogging course, plans to go to Lakes Entrance with my Dad and his family, a few camping trips with Chris in mind, and I managed to score a job at the Australian Open! I'm sure I am still going to have far too much free time, but this is certainly a start!

I'm looking forward to sitting down with Chris (and maybe a bottle of wine) after exams to reassess these goals and consider what we want to achieve next! It's great to have that little bit more direction and motivation.
Have you got any major goals on your mind at the moment? Or are you not a fan of the "goal setting" thing?
Reanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment