Time is honestly getting the best of me these days. I've been feeling a bit all over the place lately, so I'm really looking forward to November 11 - the day my last assignment is due. A quick little weekend camping trip is in order I think!
My gluten free experiment hasn't exactly got off to a flying start. However, I have definitely cut back on the amount of wheat I am consuming. Chris bought some spelt flour the other day - which still contains gluten, but at a much lower level than regular wheat flours - and made a delicious foccacia with it for a BBQ dinner with friends last night. This week I am going to try a bit harder to cut gluten - or at least wheat - out of my diet.
This delicious striped birthday cake a friend made last night wasn't exactly helping my cause haha.
That aside, here is the meal plan for our week ahead:
1) Homemade lasagna is in order, and I'm going to try my hand at making some gluten free (or spelt) lasagna sheets. Fingers crossed it works!
2) Miso and honey marinated chicken, with a fresh salad. Even though today looks like the last of the sunny weather for another week!
3) Coconut and lime baked fish.
4) Tofu with Kahah sauce (something peanuty I think?).
5) We are off to have dinner with a relative one night this week. I haven't seen her for ages, and she always puts up a good meal.
6) And tonight, fajitas! We were feeling the need for some Mexican in our life. While out shopping today we popped into La Tortilleria, a local Mexican restaurant that we have yet to try out, but it also sells fresh authentic tortillas! They grind the corn maize from scarcth and make the tortillas right in front of you. And for a 22 pack of them it was only $9! We can't wait to try them out tonight.
And that's it for the week. I'm off to check of the Spring Fling festival in North Melbourne this afternoon, and hopefully the North Melbourne Market too.
What are your plans for the week ahead in cooking?
Have a good week!